Schools out for SUMMER! I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity, and support, to homeschool my children. It has been one of the biggest blessings I have experienced with my children (except of course their birth and the fact that I get to stay home to raise them).
James showed SO MUCH improvement this year, we thought he was going to be a challenge, a kid who took his own time to do things and needed extra help in certain areas. He has proved to us that patience and praise is all it takes. He learned more that I could have imagined this year and knew more than I thought he did. He amazed me each day with his smarts and his humor. He is my science kid, he wants to know all things science and learns it so quickly, he tells all his friends everything he knows about bugs, planets, animals, dinosaurs and plants. He is a passionate boy and I think he is going to LOVE to learn!! I can't wait to see his progress next year.
Addison has always had a love for learning and a heart to know more about things. His proud moment this year was being able to read scripture from the Bible...it's amazing what God can do when His children learn to read His Word. He waited a year to be able to read, the reason he wanted to read was so that he could read the Bible all by himself. We are so proud of him. His reading and math skills amaze me everyday. I have no idea how he gets to the right answer on math problems, his unique brain makes those sorts of things come easy to him. What a great kid he is and what a great learner he is.
Isabelle has been able to learn so much from her brothers this year. She may know more dinosaur names than any other girl I know. She is learning to recognize letter sounds already because she enjoys being at the "school table" with her brothers. I cannot wait to see what she learns when she actually starts school one day.
Philip has learned to be patient, but doesn't let his presence go unknown when he really needs something. He loves to rub his nose on my face and thinks that Addison is the coolest thing he ever saw. He and Addison are going to be great buds I can already tell.
I am incredibly grateful that I have had this unique (although it shouldn't be) opportunity to watch my children learn, grow and become best of friends through our homeschooling. They are such great children.
Adam has been in awe of the work they have done and the progress they have made. He is so proud of his kids and is so thankful that he is able to make homeschooling happen.
Thank You Lord for this year and for each of my blessings, I do not deserve such love!
1 comment:
And I am proud of YOU!! Wahoo!
Post a Comment