We did it. We made it. We made the kids go screen free for three weeks and I had no facebook access for that same amount of time. I didn't miss it much. I enjoyed the time away from the screen.
We are going back. We will be allowing the kids to do video games on RARE occasions. Right now is Spring Break, so they get 1 hour each day. But after that it's back to only on the weekends. We will allow them to watch tv shows, again, on RARE occasions. We learned a lot about each of the kids when it comes to each of their obsessions with the screen and don't want them to become addicted to the point they will not be able to control it themselves. Teaching them that things of this world are always only good in moderation.
The kids were really excited to get their screen time back. I was glad to be able to see how all my friends and family are doing on facebook. But I did not put the app back on my phone. It's going to be a rare occasion thing for me as well. Only getting on on my computer at certain times of day and limiting myself to shorter periods of time.I got a lot of organization done in the house with all my new found time and I hope to keep that up.
Screen Free was a good thing, and I hope to do it again in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment