Thursday, February 19, 2009

Isn't that the life

I haven't written in awhile. Life has held me up a bit. I'm learning alot about what people used to tell me about having 3 children. There is never enough time in the day to do it all. Add this to Homeschooling and things just can't get done the way you thought you would be able to do them.

I always read the Verses in Proverbs "A Wife of Noble Character" in chapter 31 and hoped to be that kind of wife, and boy do I try, whether this be a real wife or one that God just talked about. I thought " If He's talkin about this Wife, then that's who I want to be." I've learned, with adding this to verses like

"A Wise son brings joy to his father,
but a foolish son grief to his mother."
Proverbs 10:1

I might never be able to do it all. I definitely don't want foolish sons, nor do I want greif. It seems the work of a wife, mother and housekeeper is never over. I find that...

Laundry often overtakes the home
That the floor can sometimes stick to your feet as you walk
The kids often forget to make their beds (or do I forget to tell them, not really sure)
On certain days the kids watch more movies then I like
There is so much stuff on the floor I'm not sure if it is keepable or garbage...
The baby usually taste tests the things on the floor and I then realize "That was garbage"
I don't always get to make the nice dinner for my husband that I want to make
School has become priority during the day, the house is just not at the top of list

I love my children, my husband, my home. I love my job as wife, mother and housekeeper. I wouldn't trade this life for any "job" or any amount of money. I am working on a plan to be able to do it all, but I wonder if it's even possible. Can you have a neat, tidy home and Obedient, Jesus-loving children and the perfect relationship with your husband? At least can you have all that and NOT go crazy? Is that possible? So far, I've found the answer to that is a resounding No. So I stick to what I can do, what I can handle and what doesn't make me go crazy, until God hands me "The Plan" The Ultimate Plan for life as a Helpmate raising children.

Anyone feel the same, just curious to see if I'm the only one out there that has her "crazy days?"

As I write this the children are watching Toy Story. I've finished school, I've done laundry, I cleaned the kitchen and got the dishes into the dishwasher so they can actually get clean. I feel good. I feel accomplished today, maybe tomorrow will follow with the same feeling...and maybe not. either way I'm so glad to have "those days" as long as they are filled with my God given family.

I'm going to pray for those feeling...crazy today, I know I need it on those days. =)

Have a Blessed Day
Megan

No comments: