Wednesday, August 25, 2010

as you get old...

...and have many children...you learn...

1. The laundry just can't always be caught up. As hard as I try, as long as I spend on it, it just won't happen. I feel accomplished if everyone has clean underwear to put on each day and no one smells like a laundry hamper when we go out. otherwise I have bigger fish to fry!

2. Dishes truly are never ending and I am so thankful for a dishwasher. I often say a small prayer for those without one, I know several moms without dishwashers, let me just say...May God Bless You and your hands. Those of you who have a dishwasher and have never thought about women without one, please pray for them with me. There are ALWAYS dishes in the sink, their is always a load that needs to be put away or run or loaded. It's just not worth complaining about any longer, because complaining has never made the dishes go away...although I often wish that would work.

3. Boys can make a bathroom smell like a port-a-potty in less than a day. I have given up on making it smell good, I just make sure the seat can be sat on without a risk to others health. It's useless to keep fretting over. I cannot wait for the day when the boys can clean the entire bathroom themselves...and they will one day...maybe it will make them less messy, stinky and gross. You think?

4. Girls have an attitude undeniably different than boys. It's amazing, it's almost miraculous. God made sure that a girls emotions were very clear and, often, loud when she speaks. (and lets just admit it now, women too, we can't just blame girls for this, most women never grow out of it, It's just the way God made us, men bare with us)

5. last but not least I have learned that most things in life are just not worth worrying about. I have 4 healthy children, I have an amazing husband, I have a God who loves us and I have the pleasure of staying home to take care of the needs of my husband, the house and my children. What else in the world is worth more than that. I say...NOTHING!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

What a wonderful post. Great wisdom in you (not so) old age!!

Miss you!