Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We Ate Egypt

We have been learning in the ins, outs and all abouts of Egypt over the last several months in school. It's been a fun experience and we had gained alot of knowledge. I decided I wanted to do something "different" to help them learn the lay of the land in Egypt. The seas, the Nile, the Delta, the Pyramids, the red and black lands. So we made a cake...and it was GOOD.


While James and Isabelle helped make up the batter, Addison drew a picture of Egypt to help us make the cake.



Adam showed the kids how to make different colored frosting with food coloring. Then we started to make the dessert.


The dessert wouldn't be complete without sand, lots and lots of sand and, Egypt would not be complete without the Red Sea and the Mediterranean sea and, making a cake with frosting would not be complete without eating some.



The Nile is a must.


I think it is beautiful...don't you

Now it is pyramid time and I can admit it, There pyramids turned out SO MUCH better than ours.




The finished product turned out better than I had hoped. They learned, Adam got to be a part of it and Isabelle and Philip enjoyed cleaning up the mess (so to speak). What a fun "school" project.


After dinner...
We ate Egypt.
And it was Delicious.























































1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Great job, Megan and crew!!! We ate Egypt two years ago and also found it delicious! They will remember this fun activity! Super duper1