Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Projects

We had a lovely summer. It started very calm and ended VERY HECTIC. with big projects and lots of trips, the last month of summer was quite a whirlwind. Our big summer project was finishing the boys bedroom in the basement, so that they would have 4 walls, a closet and a door for their room.
Outside of room before

inside room before
outside room after

Inside room after
After Paint and Carpet and closet doors
furniture back in! It's a room!
We started this project before we knew the sex of the baby! Right now we have 2 sets of bunkbeds in this room. You can see the end of one and the other is directly behind where I am standing to take the picture. We were wondering how in the world another boy was going to fit in that room, but, God solved that problem with a girl.

Then we had trip after trip. I went on a last minute trip to New Hampshire for a funeral, a few days after getting back we drove to Kentucky to visit family for a long weekend. Then, less than a week after returning from that trip, my parents came to visit from Oregon. We fit in all kinds of fun before Adam and I headed to Mexico for a 6 day trip with just the two of us!
It was a really fun summer, and we are so blessed that we get to enjoy an entire summer with our Daddy every year. But I will be honest, I am so glad we are back into our normal routine...vacation is tiring!!!

No comments: