Wednesday, October 22, 2008

9 Months old today

My baby girl is 9 months today. She had her 9 month checkup and is doing VERY well. Growing fabulously, eating well, crawling everywhere, cruising along the furniture. The works. Happy, Healthy baby girl. I was pleased to here it. Her hemangeoma is getting smaller ( a large red birth mark on her left knee) they think it will be totally gone by the age of 4, good to hear. Not that it is bad, just that I worry that she might be self conscious about it.

For about a month now I have been telling Adam and other family members that I want to paint Isabelle's toe nails when she turns 9 months. I just wanted to do something girly with her. Something I haven't been able to do with BOYS. But with doctor appointments lasting longer than expected and trips to the dollar store to reward James for going poop in the potty and then having to start dinner, I hadn't gotten any polish ( I don't wear polish...ever)...so I figured I would do it tomorrow, even though it wouldn't be her BIG DAY.

Adam came home and I said I hadn't gotten polished for her nails, he said he was disappointed because I had been talking about it for so long and he had told all his friends at work that I was going to be painting my baby girls nails. So...my sweet and wonderful husband, told me I could go out and get some polish (thankfully the store is very close) and he would keep all the kids occupied since it was bedtime and all. I was quite happy that I got to paint her nails, although they didn't stay nice for long, it was a tradition I hope to continue with my little girl. (maybe not on her 9 month big day, but just as often as she wants)

It turned out pretty good for a curious 9 month old who doesn't sit still.

We are so grateful for our girl. she is a blessing we couldn't be more in love with. Along with our boys we have a great family and a house full of sweet, sassy and silly personalities. We are very blessed.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Cuteness!! You've earned some girlie time!