Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Baby is the big "5"

It's now official...I am the proud mother of a 5-year-old. I cannot believe that our first born son is now 5. He is a such a fun loving kid we have had such joy in watching him grow.


The Day started Addison waking up at 5:55am...because he's 5. Daddy looked at him and said "5" and Addison smiled the biggest grin you could imagine.


Then we went out in the POURING rain and Thunder storm advisory to my in laws. Not so much fun, although it did not stop Addison from being SUPER excited. Addison has been insisting on Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday for about a month, although I passionately dislike the place, he only turns 5 once, and what a better place then Chuck E. Cheese for a 5-year-old boy who is obsessed with games, especially those in the form of a video.






Isabelle loved the horse-drawn princess carriage and all the lights and sounds that go along with a a place such as Chuck E. Cheese. Then we went to my in laws for some cake, ice cream and, of course, presents. He got a toy Space Station, which he has been intrigued with since the night we could see it flying overhead our house. It is going to be a fun project for he and Daddy to put together and talk about. He asked for a remote control car, which Mimi got and he got lots of books about animals...which he loves. It was a wonderful birthday and he was very thankful for his day.






If that wasn't' enough though, Adam was able to get some cheap Neil Diamond tickets and they went to Atlanta to see the show. Addison said he enjoyed it and they stayed out until 10:30 (a big deal for him).



We thank the Lord for this amazing kid that He has brought into our lives.

2 comments:

cajungal01 said...

Happy birthday Addison! I'm glad y'all had a great day.It really is amazing how fast time goes!
:0)
~robin

Grateful for Grace said...

No stinkin' way!! I can't believe he is 5 either. I forget that he and Faith were born in the same calendar year. Crazy. He's so cute!!

Congrats, Addison!

Congrats, Addison's Mama! You're doing a great job!