The plan was to get a tree the next morning, but we were beginning to have serious doubts about that, so we stopped at the Kmart on the way to my folks house, they had a Christmas tree lot in the parking lot, it's no U-cut but at least we would have a tree for Christmas. I ran to Kmart to get food and diapers for the baby and we continued on our way.
It was incredible. I think we got about 4 inches in a matter of a couple of hours. The snow lasted until christmas, and on the 26th it began to melt away. but I had my very first White Christmas. It was beautiful, truely. Although it is a pain not being able go many palces, thankfully we had 4-wheel drive, and to have to suit up everytime you want to get the newspaper from the road, it was a beautiful Christmas and truely showed God's thought and love put into the making of this earth.
So the rest of the trip...
We saw several friends, many I have known along time who now have kids of there own, or are having kids of there own. We went ice skating, bowling, miniature golfing, sleding and played lots of Wii. The kids always enjoy bein with Mimi and Papa and I always enjoy them wanting to be with the kids so I can sleep in or take a nap or hangout with friends. All together it was a very nice Christmas and one I will rememeber always, not only because of the white Christmas, but because it was Isabelle's first.

Note: for some reasons pictures aren't working very well, but I will get some more up at a later time.
2 comments:
YEA YEA YEA!~ That looks like SO much fun! How wonderful for all of you! :0)
~robin
I was wondering where you were...
what a beautiful Christmas. That sounds just great. I'm glad you all had a nice time.
love,
GfG
Post a Comment