Not the sort of thing you want to talk about when you are almost 12 weeks pregnant and ready to move on to your 2nd trimester of pregnancy.
I had a bit of a scare, still a little scared. About a month ago I had my first sonogram, baby was perfect and tiny and peanutish. They found a subchorionic hematoma or bleed on/near/behind, not really sure the location of it at this point, as it was explained to me, it is a bruise caused from the placenta attaching to the uterine wall. It happens in about 20% of pregnancy and is typically not a big deal, they usually reabsorb back into the body which can cause some spotting along the way, but nothing to be concerned about.
I had some cramping and spotting this week so I called and met the doctor at the office as soon as it opened that morning. They did another ultrasound to determine that the baby was in good health, and baby was, praise be to God, but they did find that the hematoma had gotten significantly larger. From my understanding so far, it is not in a great spot as far as these hematoma's go. The problem now with my particular hematoma is that it is large and these can cause the placenta to detach from the uterine wall resulting in a miscarraige.
Please pray for this little baby and for our entire family. We are a little nervous about the outcome of this, we know that God is in control and that He ultimately decides the outcome of this pregnancy, but I know that prayer is powerful.
Blessings,
Megan
5 comments:
Praying for you.
Praying! Praying! Praying!!
Megan- any update?
Thanks for the prayers. Same to you. Any news?
I am and will continue to pray.
keep us posted
~robin
Post a Comment