Saturday, August 22, 2009

My thoughts to date... *(edited)*

Thought I would check in with the blog world for a day.

The first 3 weeks of school have been great. The kids are doing better then I thought they would...and I knew they were going to do pretty good, so they are doing GREAT!!!! Isabelle is having some adjustments to make. She was used to all the attention from her big brothers and they don't give her much during school time, so she screams, she throws, she hits, she cries and she gets into trouble. We are working through her behavioral issues, I think she will get there in time. I worry sometimes that this is what we are in for in a few short months when Baby Boy comes along, but I am praying faithfully that she will outgrow the jealousy before the date of arrival.

Speaking of baby boy, we do have a name picked out. He is going to be named after Adam's deceased grandfather, Phillip Benton (although I'll be honest, I'm not sure how to spell that middle name, but I promise we will have the spelling worked out before the time of arrival). Addison and James speak alot of him and how he will be and what he hears and how he eats. They often talk to him, I think he likes it. I feel him kick more now, which is always a fun time in pregnancy...except in the middle of the night, when it's hard to sleep without the kicking so to add that in makes it twice as hard...but otherwise I like knowing he's there, and he hears us, and he tries to let his presence be known to me. He may be practicing his kick so as to keep the crazy, loud children he hears out here away from him, or maybe he knows we have soccer fanatics in the house that he must keep up with...either way, I like it.

I have been better. I'm not sick much anymore. I sleep a little less, but I feel a little more energy. I eat almost everything in sight. I cry when I look at my babies and how they are NOT babies anymore. The hormones are certainly there when I look at old pictures and watch old video. What I know is, God has given me a perfect little family with my not deserving it. I am so thankful to be called a helpmate and a mommy.
*Edited to add: The name of baby boy is Philip Benton...this is correct in it's spelling now. =)

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

OH, I'm so glad you checked it. That reminds me of your email I haven't responded to! I'll do that today.

I'm glad the boys are doing well in school. I'm not surprised. You're a good mama!

love,
GfG

Grateful for Grace said...

P.S. I really like the name!