We just finished up our first week of homeschool this year. This was a little scarier of a year for me since it was Kindergarten work this year for Addison (and AlOT of first grade stuff too). It went so much better then I could have ever expected it too. James and Isabelle are doing very well keeping themselves entertained while I work on some of the harder things with Addison. Addison is enjoying school and enjoying learning, and going so fast I feel like we could do more each day. God has blessed this first week for me, he has lit a fire under my feet and I have felt more motivated this week then I have this entire pregnancy. I was worried that I wasn't going to enjoy homeschooling the kids since I had been feeling so crummy with this pregnancy, but the Lord hears my prayers and I have had the motivation, the excitement, and the strength to not only get homeschool done in the mornings, but also get my housely duties done each day.
Addison did not start math or handwriting this first week, we are easing into things slowly, math starts on Monday and HE is extremely excited, it is one of his very favorite subjects and he has not been taught math "formally" yet, so we are both excited to see what we have in store for math.
I feel so blessed to have a husband that supports homeschooling and encourages me to stay home with the kids and do what God has called us as parents to do, to teach them Word of the Lord day in and day out. They are such incredible kids, I have no idea how I became so blessed.
2 comments:
I am so glad things are going well. Makes me even more excited to start our school in a few weeks. I hope I can be as excited and as dedicated as you are with homeschooling.
Isn't God's grace just overwhelming sometimes??
I'm so glad your first week went well! Yea! I thought of you at the conference. Have you heard of Smoothing the Way? I didn't think they had much to offer you until I heard about something new they've done. If you're interested let me know and we'll chat more.
I'm glad all is well for school. Such good, sweet times. Yea!!
Post a Comment