Sunday, August 21, 2011

37 weeks

What in the world! Where did all my time go? My due date is in 3 weeks. I have never made it to my due date, which means I have about 2 weeks or less before I have a baby! WHAT! Baby #5 will be making his or her appearance any moment.
I am excited
I am slightly nervous (mostly about logistics with the other kids, who will they stay with, how will Philip do, how long will I be away from them)
Praying for a short hospital stay, I don't like to be away from my family, from my children, from my own bed. It also means that everyone is healthy when we get to go home quickly.
I am praying my mom is able to make it. She gets in on August 31st and I pray that I make it that long.
I can't believe that Philip will not be the baby anymore, I don't think he is going to be able to believe it either, once he figures it out!
I am in the "Will-everything-go-smoothly" thinking mode now. Will I make it to the hospital in time? Will Adam be close and around and make it? Will my mom be here? Do I have the kids prepared to drop off with family members or friends? Will I have a warning before hand? (crazy pregnancy brain, God allows everything to work for his glory, I really need to stop worrying, pray for me please)


I cannot wait to see my husband hold yet another precious miracle. My favorite moment after our babies are born is when he picks up the precious little one, talks and coos to him/her, smiles right into their eyes, tells them he loves them and walks the sweet thing over to my bedside. FAVORITE MOMENTS EVER. I have had the pleasure of getting to see this 3 times. Although we did not get to hold James right away, I loved when Adam finally did get to hold his son! It makes me fall even more in love with my husband every time I see this. I can't wait to have that feeling again.


I am sad that these moments of "this is my baby and no one else can touch him/her" are almost over. I have learned to enjoy having the baby in my womb, even at the end, knowing that a very scary world is out here.

I have learned that 9 months is just not enough time. Not enough time to protect, not even time to cherish, not enough time to hold onto.

Although I want to meet our new baby, I have learned to cherish and love every minute of this pregnancy, because now I know how fast it really is.



I am so excited for each of my children to meet their new sibling.

I am excited to see Addison be a big brother for the 4th time.

I am excited to see how James reacts to another little one.

I am excited to watch Isabelle's eyes as she holds her new sibling for the first time. She is SO excited to be a big sister and I am so excited for her.

I am excited and anxious about Philip's reaction, it doesn't matter how many times I try to tell him I am bringing a baby home, he just doesn't get it. He just isn't ready. He will adjust. But our prayers are with him as we try to prepare him for this moment...a moment that will be here any second!

ANY SECOND!
Thank You God for another miracle and please keep this baby in your arms and prepare this baby for this world. For this baby to be healthy and for us to be ready! We thank you for a chance to raise another one of your children!


No comments: