I have been writing often about how anxious and excited I have been to meet my newest little blesssing. To see his Daddy hold the newest one in his arms. To introduce the kids to another sibling.
The day finally arrived, and I couldn't have planned it better, that is why I don't plan things. I have been waiting for my mom to get here, it was very important to me that she get to make it to this the birth of this baby. Her flight was scheduled for 12 days before the due date and so I was very hopeful she would make it. Her flight got in at 7:30pm wednesday the 31st of th esugust, the kids were so excited to have her here. We drove home and got the kids in bed pretty late and then we went to bed shortly after that.
I woke up at 3AM knowing that this was it. My mom hadn't even been here 12 hours and I was going to be going to the hospital to have a baby. I decided to let the kids sleep until their usual 7am time, no need to rush, we had time. They ate breakfast, got dressed, and Adam loaded up the car with all the essentials; car seats, overnight bags, hospital bag. We got someone to take care of the dogs and we were on the road by 8am. Dropped the kids off with their granddaddy and headed to the hospital, it was about 9am or so.
BABY BOY DANIEL EDWARD was born at 2:11pm on Septemeber 1st, less than 24 hours after my mom arrived in Atlanta, he was a whopping 7 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long. He was perfect in every way. My mom was so grateful to be there.

We came home on the 2nd in the evening. I was so glad to be back with my kids and in my own bed with our sweet little boy. We took Daniel for a weight check Saturday morning, the 3rd, at the pediatricians office. Still hadn't lost much weight and was looking great.

Back at home Adam started having some stomach pains, unsure of what it was he stayed in bed most of the day. Into the night the pain was getting worse and he was unable to sleep. In the morning I asked if maybe he should go to the doctor, but he was sure it would pass and he would be ok. But by afternoon he was doubled over, vomiting in pretty severe pain and he knew something else must be wrong, so did I and so did his mom. His wonderful parents came immediatly and picked him up and took him to the emergency room, now thinking that it might be his appendix. Thankfully the nurse who saw him got him straight back into a room and started blood work, IV fluids and pain medicine and withing a short amount of time he was officially diagnosed with appendicitis. Early evening he went into surgery to have his appendix removed on the 4th of September. What a crazy few days.
(my favorite shot, my husband holding our brand new son)
I sit here today on the 6th hiding out in my room with Daniel. The morning of the 5th the 4 big kids woke up with colds, fevers, runny noses you name it. Not only did the 4 kids have it, but so did my mom. It has been rough, I miss my husband, I miss my kids, I hate not being able to comfort them when they are sick. But I know that if Daniel gets what they have he could be alot worse off.Everyone seems to be alot better today. I hope to know something soon about when Adam will be able to come home, but he is probably going to be able to rest and heal better there for now and we don't need to be exposing him to the kids sicknesses while he is fighting an infection in his abdomen.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you see God's hand in all of this. Providence is good all the time: in hard times and in easy times. In our catechism this morning, we discussed the decrees of God and that all things are orchestrated by Him. A grandmother's arrival. A baby's birth. A daddy's appendicitis. A family's sickness.
Nothing is outside of His control.
Your faith is a testimony, girlie.
Snuggle that beautiful and big baby for me! (Now I know why he looked big... he is!)
Post a Comment