I did alot of thinking while confined to my bedroom due to sick kids and an infant we don't want to get sick.
...how special it was to have my mom be at the birth of our 5th baby.
...how fantastic it was when I heard Adam say "It's a Boy!"
...how incredibly amazing it was that we had our baby less than 24 hours after my mom made it into Atlanta.
...How cute our older kids were when they met Daniel for the first time.
I also thought about my plan. I jokingly(although somewhat seriously) told family and friends that my plan was to have our baby on Saturday the 3rd, it would be perfect, I could finish the school week with the kids, Adam could finish his week, we would have a 3 day weekend to enjoy our blessing. I thought, man that would be perfect!
Boy was I wrong. I am so glad I am not in control. I am so glad that God is in control of when our babies are born.
What would it have been like if I had gone into labor while Adam was in surgery or in recovery? What would I have done without him there by my side as he always is?
What if this had all happened before my mom came into town and I had 4 sick kids and an infant to try to keep away from all of it?
I don't need what if's...I know that God is in control and his timing is perfect. Does it really stink having my husband in the hospital, away from his newborn baby and kids, apart from me and I can't even go see him? YES!
Does it stink that I am now confined to my bedroom with Daniel unable to hang out with the rest of my kids, whom I miss terribly? YES!
But life stinks sometimes, it always has, it always will. Things don't go the way WE plan them, things don't turn out just as WE wanted them to. God is more powerful than that, God sees more than WE see, God is in perfect control and I am so thankful for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment