Isabelle got sick this weekend, and, even though we USUALLY would deem it a "movie day" we realized that when we choose not to turn the tv on, the sick child seems to get much more rest than they would if they had a favorite show or movie on. Often she chose to go into her own bed instead of me having to force her.
My biggest challenge now is deciding what I am going to do when this "challenge" is up. Most likely, no screen Monday-Thursday. Friday will be 1 hour of screen time AFTER the chores are finished(since we don't do school on Fridays) and maybe Friday night movie night with the family. Plus, 1 hour a day on the weekend. I hope we don't get stuck in the rut we had been in before and I keep the screens turned off, for the most part.
With all the time I have to chat with the kids we have been implementing better chore lists, better organizing ideas and de-cluttering areas of the house to help us better use the space and make it work for us. The kids have pitched in to help, especially on rainy days, and it makes them want to keep those areas clean too, since they put in so much work helping me get it looking so nice. If any of you have kids, you know, that's an accomplishment all by itself!
No comments:
Post a Comment