Friday, July 11, 2008

I miss...

I miss Texas...
I miss my friends there...

I miss Summer Camp...

I miss silly songs...

I miss walking to my friends house...

I miss watching the kids play out our front window...






A friend in Texas told me that a boy we LOVE and adore is there this session. We named our 2nd son after him. This will be the first year in 7 years that we will not be able to see him. We had a severe thunder storm last night with flooding around the area, it reminds me of camp. I haven't worked at camp for several summers now, but there is something about knowing your around camp that makes me feel good, makes me feel childish, makes me remember "the good ol days." (I'm only 24 am I allowed to say that). I wish I were there, I've been having dreams about Texas, about camp, about friends there. It's weird, it's hard, I've never missed it this much before. It's a new feeling. Being several states away makes it hard to hop in the car with 3 kids and have a visit, though sometimes I wish it were that easy.

I've been looking back at our trip last year and thought I would share some memories






These two cuties are 2 months apart in age. They were adorable.




This so our Boy and his family. We names our little boy after this young man.





What a fun crew.









I babysat this middle boy when I was living in Texas. I just love him. we miss him terribly.








Miss You Momma!

I told you they were adorable

2 comments:

cajungal01 said...

What a fabulous post! I am sorry you are missing summer camp and all that it entails. It really does sort of "stick with you" doesn't it. I can go outside in the evenings and when the temps and weather are right...it FEELS like a summer camp night.
:0)
I know they miss you too!
:0)

Grateful for Grace said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!
We miss you guys, too! It's not the same at all without 'stroller buddies' around camp. I think about y'all almost every night after dinner. How nice it was to let them play (remember back and forth between the tree? Ü) at that time of the night.

I understand how you feel, to a degree. Camp leaves impressions on your heart that never leave. Especialy when you: find yourself there, find your husband there, and have your first (two) baby(ies) there!

many hugs!!