Monday, July 14, 2008

Swim Lessons


The boys are in Swim lessons this summer. I thought it was about time they learn how to swim and since I am *NOT* a swimmer, I have them with a wonderful young lady that lives in my in laws neighborhood. She is great and they love her.




Addison was a sinker before the lessons, take his water "muscles" off and he would go straight to the bottom. But he tried all the time and never gave up.


Now he is almost a swimming machine. He can keep his head above water (barely) for a several seconds up to a minute at times. I think by next week lessons he will doing laps. he is so encouraged and cannot wait to take his "muscles"off for good.





James still has NO fear. ZERO. so he would try to take his "Awesome" wings off from time to time and just take off, with little success, but still no fear.


He now knows in order to even stay on top of the water you have to kick and move your arms, though he still is not great at it, he is at least moving while sinking instead of just sinking. =)


I am hopeful that he will do better next week with his last week of lessons, he has learned a lot quickly so far and is having a great time.


Can't wait to see what Ms. Jenn can do with them next week.

3 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

Thats great. Swimming lessons are so important. I am not a great swimmer but I took a lot of lessons growing up. We are getting Isabelle into some in September so we will see how that goes.
Good job BOYS!

Grateful for Grace said...

Way to go, boys!

Cutie Pie LOVES the water, too. Scares me to death because she, too, has NO FEAR! Just jumps in. Dives out. Smiling the whole time.

Glad you found a teacher you trust.

Summer fun!

Jill said...

How cute...you must be so proud:)

I had James in nursery at church today. What a great kid he is!! You and Adam are such great parents and it reflects in your kids!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog...(and the gentle reminder about faith and waiting). You are truly awesome! It was so good to see you again today:)