Well, I spoke with the doctor on Friday after I posted and she said we are going to try pears once a day and keep breastfeeding. The doctor believes that she is getting used to the "help" and needs a chance to "go" herself. So we are going to wait 7 days instead of 5, if she has not gone in that time I will call the doctor for the next step. I need to keep her on her feet or do the "bicycle" with her as much as possible to help move things through.
it's been 4 days today, she is doing fine, no BM. but happy. The doctor thinks the pain she was in was because of the Miralax...it may have cramped up her tummy since their was so much poo in their. So no more Miralax, it just isn't worth it, and it wasn't working.
The doctor says she is NOT constipated (I knew that). For whatever reason she just is choosing not to use those muscles. She is learning quickly that she is the princess in the family and she gets what she wants when she wants it ;) in that case it was the help she wanted when she wanted it, but no more. She needs to use those muscles.
I am less fearful today that she has something else wrong. I did some research and found that breastfed babies with normal (loose and normal in color) can go up to 2 weeks at a time with any BM's. As long as she is not in pain and doesn't seem to be uncomfortable I can let her go quite sometime.
Thanks for all your prayers. She is a trooper. Bless her Heart. Continued prayers that her muscles do work, although I think they do, would be great. Pooping is important whether she think so or not. =)
2 comments:
This is good news!
The photos are so sweet!! It's weird that it's about to be the 4th of July and y'all aren't here. We're not even having a party... last week beginning on Sunday was crazy and it just got worse and worse so... I didn't plan.
Anyway, love y'all!
I am so glad you feel better. I know it is hard to think that they can go two weeks and that be considered "normal" but it's good to know she'll be ok. I have a neighbor whose 3.5 month old goes MAYBE once a week.
Good luck!
:0)
Post a Comment