Friday, June 27, 2008

Update: BM

I'm frustrated.

I'm sad.

I'm confused.

I'm Lost.


Isabelle has still not been pooping. She has had 1 BM on her own in 2 months. I have had to help her with every other BM in some way.

We started Miralax 3 days ago. I mix it with Prune Juice.

Yesterday she cried most of the day, screamed at some points. Hardly ate a thing. It was horrible. It was painful. It was scary. I decided to call my Pediatric Advisor to see if I could help her out with a suppository even though it had not been 5 days. She said yes. I was relieved. She pooed like crazy, more than I've seen her do since she was an infant. I was happy to see that.

Now what?

Now what is a mother to do?

I have this gut feeling that something else is going on. The same gut feeling I had before she was hospitalized for Pertussis. That scares me, I don't like gut feelings when it comes to the health of my children. It means if could be bad. I am calling the doctor today to see if their is something more we can do, something besides giving her more things in her mouth that just stays in there.

To be quite honest I am scared that it is something more. I just want my girl to have a BM. We have now tried everything except Karo Syrup, which won't work if she doesn't take a bottle.

Please pray for my girl. Pray that the doctors can give me a better answer than constipation. I have seen her poo this last couple days and she is NOT constipated, I PROMISE. She was when I gave her Prune Food, which is weird. but it made her more stopped up, but now that we have stopped that, because it wasn't working, she is back to normal, if not thinner, BM's.

I am worried about her.

Please Pray for wisdom for the docs

Please pray for peace for me

Please pray for comfort for Isabelle.

6 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

I am sorry to hear she is still having trouble. I will pray for her and for you. Hopefully it is not something more serious. She looks so adorable in that picture though. Happy girl!

cajungal01 said...

I will definitely be praying. I am so sorry this is happening and I hope for TRUE answers QUICKLY. I also pray it is something fairly simple... thorough but simple.
Thank you for keeping us updated.
May God bless you with comfort, assurance, and healing.
~robin

theevansfamily said...

Continued prayers for such a sweet little girl.

Grateful for Grace said...

I'm so sorry she is still having trouble. I'm praying for wisdom (supernaturally, if need b), peace, and then comfort.

in Him Alone,
GfG

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Just to hear that it happens to others sometimes..relieves us a little so here goes.

My niece had the same problems at the same age and she was bottle fed.

I was thinking it might be that their not "using those pushing muscles"..and some take longer than others to do so...OK other than that I hope you and she and everyone else will feel the peace that comes with prayer!

theevansfamily said...

How's she doing? Any poo lately? Still prayin...