Friday, June 20, 2008

100 Things Challenge

I have some friends that are attempting to purge some items from their life that are no longer needed or used. awhile back a guy decided to try to get down to 100 personal items in his life. So a couple friends are joining him in the challenge...without being so extreme...just to shake off the extra baggage, so to speak.
I have decided to join them in this challenge. Instead of getting down to 100 items in my life, which virtually impossible for ME, for several reasons
1. I keep all baby things in case we have another, we happen to have one now
2. I keep all clothes, in case we have more children and need them.
3. I wouldn't want to get rid of something that would make us have to spend more money later, money we do not have!!!
SO
my plan, I am going to begin to declutter my house of things that my family no longer uses, wears, needs or wants. I will donate, trash or giveaway all the items. I was going to have a garage sale, but I think I will feel better if I just give everything away to people that might need it more than ourselves.
I haven't yet decided where I am going to start or when really, we have doctor visits and lots of busyness for the next week, but hopefully I will find the time tomorrow. I will try to remember to take before and after pictures. This is going to be VERY difficult for me and more so for my hubby who is a keepaholic...Love You Baby!
Here goes a new Life. Anybody else with me!

Much Love

2 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

I have been doing that all week and plan to continue. We are going through Adams clothes this weekend and he has more than all of us girls! haha I have been going through areas in our house and either throwing things away or putting it away. Next week I am going through toys and the girls clothes again and donating what we don't need. It always feels good to get these things done.
Good luck and I know you will find lots of things to get rid of or donate!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!

cajungal01 said...

WOOOHOOO! You go girl! I think it's great we are going to encourage and support one another with this!
:0)
YOU CAN DO IT!