2 nights ago Isabelle starting not eating much, maybe a minute or 2 on each side. She would just scream at me, I felt terrible for her. Yesterday evening she began spitting up about half of the very little that she was eating. She just doesn't seem to have room for any more food in her little belly. She's not really full, just "fake" full.
So I spoke with my wonderful Pediatric Medical Advisor. She said that she thinks Isabelle needs to get FULLY emptied out in order to sort of, start fresh. She said that the rectal thermometer is is probably only getting a little of what she has in her. So last night we gave Isabelle some Fleet Baby Laxative, that barely did anything, she did have a BM but nothing very significant. So Pediatric Medical Advisor told me to try it again this morning, we did that, again not even a full diaper's worth.
Next Step
Prune Baby Food....
I make all my own baby food, so I bought some Organic Prunes and cooked them up and pureed the fool out of them with lots of the cooking liquid so it would be thin enough, but still pruney enough, for her to eat.
So I set up my area...I've done this before so I've learned how messy it can be. We had out our prunes, our spoon, our paper towel, our burp cloth, and of course a LARGE bib that so accurately says "I AM NOT A BOY"--can you guess which family member picked that one out =) She did great for her not really being ready. I didn't want to start her on solids until she was 6 months, but their is only so much you can do to get her to have a BM. So far---NOTHING!
We happen to have a wonderful sweet little girl that is happy all the time. She doesn't complain much, the occasional discomfort cry when she is in a funny position, and screams (the talking kind, like she's saying "Mom, I'm Full, Could you Stop already") and some more pain cries. But otherwise a very happy baby who lights up the room. I don't know that I would be handling this as well if we had a baby that cried about all this discomfort. We've had a baby that cried about everything (not naming names but we only have 2 other children) and that was tough on me when it came to sicknesses and boo boo's and such. I'm just thankful we have a pretty content baby.
Please pray for my little sweetie to have a BM. Please pray that this does not turn into a medical thing and it's just normal constipation.
EDITED TO ADD: She had a large BM on her own....YAY
2 comments:
I've been wondering.
Ok, Isabelle, it's time to poop!!!
YOu can do it, girl! Make your daddy proud.
love,
Mrs. GfG
Girl I hope you have a gas mask when it happens cause it's gonna be allot!
Be prepared ...be very prepared!
This to "shall pass" pun not intended by funny...She sure is cute with goo on her's little chin (speaking baby talk)
Post a Comment