Cleaning out brings back too many memories and maybe that is why I choose to put it off.
It seems every time I begin to purge I find something that I do not need, but cannot get rid of. I found some papers, and brochures and a newsletter from this same RTC today. As I was cleaning out the cupboard/table next to our door (my hot spot). I had forgotten I had put them their and it overflows me with emotion to think that I am no longer there. I learned about the LORD at this fabulous place. I was forgiven by the LORD at this fabulous place. I grew up there. I learned, for the first time, what being an adult meant at this place. Adam and I met at this wonderful place, it is the first "real job" Adam had after we got married. It is where our children played and discovered and made friends. I miss it. I miss it desperately.
now back to my cleaning....
I started and I got rid of more than 100 things I'm sure. Papers, not from "the place" of course, they are still in the cupboard. Junk. lots of it. I found *real* homes for many things that did not belong in their. I found baking soda in their, it's now in the fridge, for safe keeping. Can't throw away baking soda. =) It only took about 30 minutes, and now it is done. It makes me feel better for sure. I even have an empty shelf for new Junk =)
There was one box that I did not attempt just yet, I didn't even look in it, because I new what I would fine. I've tried to go though this box MANY times since we have lived here, and I'm just not ready. It has special things that I can't bear to part with, or move, just yet. I will...it's a goal I've set. One day I will do that box only one day, because it may take ALL day, a little at a time. But for now, I'm done and it looks GREAT!
that bright blue carter's box is "The Box" the one I'm not yet ready to conquer!
ALSO just to add:
As I was cleaning up, God was with me, as always. To set the story. we have very little money, it's a sacrafice we make for me to stay home, we have to clip coupons and eat cheap, but we know taht it is what God wants for our family. We are pretty much out of money until payday in a week, but are in need of a couple, small, items. I opened up, what I thought, was a piece of junk mail and out fell five 1 dollar bills. Is God not that best relationship ever.
I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 17:6
1 comment:
Way to go!!! I'm cleaning out my closet today. Only getting rid of some stuff, though. The rest is maternity clothes that need to be returned to people and/or stored.
It looks mucho better!!
And, that RTC... pretty neato place, if I do say so myself. It was quite a privilege to watch you grow up there. Become a young adult. Become a wife. Become a mother. Become a homekeeper. Beautiful.
love and hugs!!
Post a Comment