Wednesday, June 11, 2008

BM

Isabelle has had an issue with her Bowel Movements (we'll lovingly shorten this to BM) for about 2 months now, it started shortly after she got out of the hospital, her doctor thinks that her muscles weren't in use for that time since she wasn't really eating so now she is having a hard time catching up. We have been giving her Pear juice from a bottle, which she is not to keen about, but works through it. This has not helped, I still have to "help" her with a rectal thermometer every 5 days. She seems to be in pain by the 3rd and 4th day and won't eat at all by the 5th which is what provokes me to "help" her out.

I spoke with her doctor today to get some new advice on what to do. she said we are going to need to try Prune Juice (yucko) for 2 days, 2-4 ounces throughout the day, to see if this helps. If not then we will have to try fiber supplement in a bottle of pumped milk. I really pray that the Prune Juice helps because she is not much of a fan of the bottle, even with the juice she just plays with the nipple in her mouth and she happens to get some juice to come out. I have also used a dropper which is easier.

Please pray for my little Princess to have a healthy BM, I know weird, right?? But everybodies got to do it!

4 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

Poor baby! I didn't realize she was having that much of a hard time. Hopefully it gets better quickly. We tried prune juice with Olivia when she hadn't had a bm for 5 days and she went later that day. She didn't seem to mind the juice. But she eats or drinks anything. haha

Grateful for Grace said...

If she'll drink the prune juice, it will do wonders. I'll pray she drinks it. Are you still nursing?

much love,
GfG

cajungal01 said...

Big prayers your way! Caleb had this same issue as a baby and they ended up giving us some sort of powder that we mixed into juice. I also liked using a syringe to squirt it into his mouth and force it down a bit more. Prune juice works really well.
Good luck!
:0)
~robin

Jill said...

Praying things get better very soon!!