Friday, August 22, 2008

One Week Down

It's been such a great week. Today will mark the last day in our first week of school. I feel so blessed to have such smart, fun, obedient children. I push them hard sometimes, but I feel like I know their potential and I don't want them to fall short of that.
Addison is reading!!! He has read 5 level 1 books in 4 days, although it took some time, and frustration the first day it was all worth it in the end. He is so proud of himself, as he should be. When he forgets the sound of certain letters and I help him out, James will be right next to us sounding out the word also, Addison will turn to James and say "James, you don't know how to read!" It is a great sight. James may not know how to read, but he is slowly learning the concepts through Addison whom James looks up to with great respect.
James is, well James. He has a long way to go. He's going to be one of those kids who learns what he needs to get by. I have started praying for his future teachers to have the patience with him necessary to teach this free spirited boy. He has learned the letter "A" which he believes says "mmmmm" and nobody can change his mind about that, he is going to take time. I love to have the opportunity to learn how they learn. I think it is going to be a great way for me to help their future teachers out, and them, when they do begin school, whenever that may be.
Isabelle goes with the flow, sometimes needing some short attention time from her brothers in the middle of it all. It's a good break for everybody.
I am proud to be these kids mother. They are such fabulous children, how did I get so blessed?!

Things I've learned for next week...
1. I have less time
2. I have to get up before the kids
3. laundry has to wait
4. dishes have to wait
5. vacuuming has to wait
6. Isabelle, sometimes, has to wait
7. James, sometimes, has to wait
8. Addison, sometimes, has to wait
9. I, mostly, have to wait
10. I love what I do and wouldn't change it for the world.

I have some scheduling kinks to work out. Things like getting laundry, dishes, cleaning done, but it will all come in time. I just except the opportunity to even have a chance to have my boys home with me one more year with open arms and an open mind. We'll see where this year takes us.

I posted this now, before school, knowing I won't have time later. But if I do have time I will post some pictures of our first week of school. Just like I posted those 6 month pictures of Isabelle. =D
Hope everyone enjoys their Friday.

1 comment:

cajungal01 said...

Sounds perfect. School should be just that~ EVERYONE learning! You're doing a fabulous job. :0)
~robin