I wish I had my camera with me today...although I don't think it would have done the scene justice.
The family and I went out with some other families from the church today to deliver food to flood victims. A food pantry donated 6,000 pounds of food this week that we distributed all over the affected areas. It was more then words can say, it was just awful, it was...to say the least....devastating!!!
Houses still without power, houses completely gutted from the inside out, you could just smell the mold coming out of the houses. The trees covered in mud more than halfway up, houses with waterlines just below the roof, cars covered in mud....I wish I could send you the pictures in my brain. I was in shock the entire time. Entire neighborhoods were destroyed, entire families displaced from their homes, entire communities affected by this flooding.
I want to keep bringing attention to it because I don't want people to forget, as I have wanted to do. I'm safe, my home is here, my family is safe, our cars are working, we have power and refrigeration and comfort....but their are too many families that don't, too many families that still need our prayers, our love, our labor and our help. We gave 20 families food today, most of these peoples cars were ruined in the floods and they can no longer make it to work, the grocery store, restaurants...you name it. On family had 11 people in her home that was totally destroyed, all she could do was cry while we were delivering her food to her house, that's all she could do, that's all she could think to do.
What a blessing it was to show our kids our blessed we are to be safe in our home and show them to love others by helping them when they are in need. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment