Taking the pacifier away from our kids has always been a dreaded thing for me. I hate hearing them holler for me to give it back and crying because we took away their source of comfort at bedtime. But it must be done, for the sake the child and their teeth, it must be done.
This week was the week for Isabelle. The dreaded week to leave babyhood and become a Big Girl. She DID NOT take to it well, she did not enjoy it. The first time she went pacifier less was at naptime, she fell asleep after a few minutes of fuss, but woke up and couldn't sooth herself back to sleep. She screamed. She cried. She hollered. I went in and talked to her for a minute. Then left. She screamed. She cried. She hollered. But then I didn't hear much, just an occasional moan. So I (regretablly) assumed she had finally fallen asleep and I went about my business. 30 minutes later the pitter patter of little feet came running to me. Covered in white, standing in front of me, she says "I wake mommy!" with tears running down her face because she KNOWS she is in trouble. I knew what was out in her room, I knew why she was white, and I knew we were going to have a terrible mess ahead of us. Desitin. Yep. Desitin was left out in her room. My fault entirely. I should have known she would not be a perfect angel with a tub of "lotion" laying out in her room when she can't sleep.
In the bath we went. 2 shampoos, soap got in her eyes because she had desitin on it, her arms and legs turned red from the scrubbing. But she is clean...Until next time.
2 comments:
Oh, that stuff is not fun to get out of anything!
Out of curiosity, why do you take it away at age 2? The orthos I've talked to say it's not a big deal til age 3 or 4.
Post a Comment