Thursday, February 18, 2010

From the Lord

Children are a Blessing, they are from the Lord. They are His perfect little creations. They grow inside a women's body, knitted perfectly to His liking.
Why does He entrust us with these little Blessings? Why does He think we can raise them up in the training and instruction of the Lord? I don't always know, I just know that I feel oh so loved to have his blessings. Maybe He gave them to us because He also made us. Maybe because he wants to see that we will obey His commandments. Whatever the reason, I thank Him for them daily.

In our house, no matter what time you wake up at, you must stay in bed until 7:00AM, No. Matter. What.
Addison is the kind of kid who likes to see how things work, not only see, but KNOW how things work. We purchased new CD players with some Christmas money because theirs had seen their last day(can you see where this is going yet?)
This morning, Addison, whom just turned 6 and thinks he might just be the smartest kid on the block, decided to try a technique he hadn't yet tried. He learned how to fiddle with the time on his clock yesterday, (while in timeout, of course) and was told to not do that ANYMORE. 6:05am this morning he comes wandering in our room and says to me
"Mommy, it's 7:00"
"What???" I answer "It's not 7:00, Did you mess with the clock again?"
head down, eyes looking sorry he says nods his head and say "uh-huh"

Man do I just love the brains on these kids, I wanted to laugh at his ingenuity and for trying, but of course he knew it was the wrong thing to do, I knew that this couldn't go undisciplined (we don't believe in "punishment" around here). Because we have been working on fibs, lies and not telling the whole truth, I knew the discipline needed to be light enough to let him know that I appreciated that he told the truth right away. So he is now in bed until 8:00am this morning. The Discipline fits the crime and I don't think he will try that one again...I don't think!

God made these little creatures for us to love the way He loves, to discipline the way He wants and to instruct according to His word. Everyday these little beings need instruction and guidance and although it can be tiring it is my God-given duty to train them. And then laugh at the cuteness and smartness of them when they cannot see. ;-)

No comments: