Friday, February 12, 2010

Home School

An update on my homeschool ventures.

Addison: He is such a sweet kid. He is smart, and funny, and loves to learn new things. His little brain is full of so many questions that I have a hard time keeping up. I enjoy working at his quick pace, I enjoy hearing him say "one more chapter...please!" I enjoy the little things he loves. He isn't a fan of writing...copy work and handwriting get him to a place of whining and fussing loss of enjoyment. But it has to be done, he has to learn to write legibly. He is truly enjoying the last few months of his kindergarten year and cannot wait to be called a 1st grader.

James: He is bright. He is incredibly witty. He moves at his very own pace entirely. I had a time when I thought he would NEVER learn his alphabet, and now it's just another thing he has accomplished. he technically still in preschool, but he is progressing quite quickly and I think he is going to have pretty successful kindergarten year next year. I can't wait to see him do science experiments, learn to read, and start the beginning steps of math. He is a joy.

Isabelle: She thinks she is something pretty special...and she is! She sits at the table reciting her ABC's and drawing circles and "sharts" (hearts) while the boys do their work. She likes to be a part of it all. I think this will give her a leg up when she starts doing her schoolwork. She loves to have books read to her. It melts my heart to see Addison read her books. I just can't believe that he is reading to his little sister, and she just eats it up!!!

I am loving my life. I am thankful for the opportunity and patience and time management to be able to school my children at home. I am thankful for the flexibility to be able to take vacations, to be able to do things during the day with my children and to be able to be a part of their education process. It's been a great experience so far. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for us.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

I can't tell you how proud I am of you and how delighted I am for you! Homeschooling is the BEST! And God chose an awesome mama for those four kiddos!