Friday, March 21, 2008

Major Change of Heart!

For a couple years now I have been researching the effects of vaccines and all the stories, and the facts. I have talked with MANY mothers about their thoughts on the issue. Alot of them wonder about the effects but get their children the vaccines anyway (that's the group I was in), some don't do vaccines at all, some pick and choose depending on their findings about each vaccine or how long each one has been out. I couldn't find any hard proof that vaccines were bad for children or caused autism or any of those sorts of things, so I continued to take my children in to get them. I still researched and wondered what the long term effects might be.



Well...I no longer care...my children will get there vaccines at each appointment from now on. our big scare with my princess having Pertussis made it very clear to me that it was not an option.



My husband is allergic to the vaccine, so he cannot get it. His brain will swell and he could die. He works at a school that does not require ALL vaccines to be gotten, only certain ones like measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox. My husband picked up this terrible infection from school, the parents have their beliefs and that is great, but they are putting there children in an environment that infected my family and therefore got my less than 2 month old daughter seriously ill. Turning blue, choking, coughing, wheezing, not eating, not sleeping...ILL! I was really angry in the hospital when I first found out she had it, I wished it had been RSV, at least that way it could not have easily been prevented. But Pertussis CAN be prevented and it angers me that it was not. it angers me that mothers don't want to protect their children from these terrible illnesses (deaths have come from many of them). I am thankful that God was in control, I was not angry for long, I realized that being angry does not help my child get better and it will not make any of those parents get their children the vaccine (at least not until there children are in a hospital for 10 days choking on the honey-like mucus being produced in there lungs, you try coughing that up--yuck ). I decided that I will protect my children and other peoples children, my children will get the vaccines that health care professionals recommend. I would rather live with a child with Autism than potentially have a child die from an illness that could have been prevented.



I know that some of my friends feel differently and I am not writing this to get anyone upset or to start a debate. I know what I want to do for my children, it has been decided by the terrible illness my husband and my daughter caught. It is a highly contagious illness, and because my boys and I had the vaccine we were not infected too...PRAISE BE TO GOD FOR THAT! I trust that God will take care of my family and other peoples family. It is certainly not my place to decide what other people do, but if you have ever questioned vaccines I urge you to think again. Seeing my child in the hospital was a terrible thing, it was a helpless feeling, I never want any child to have to go through that.
In Christ



3 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

I understand how you feel! I feel that vaccine's are very important. I feel that way even more so after hearing and seeing your princess in the hospital! No child should ever have to go through that at 7 weeks old. Not fair! But I am glad she is all better and home and on the mend!

Grateful for Grace said...

I totally understand your stance, especially in regards to whooping cough/pertussis. It has been reported at growing numbers and it still very active here in the U.S.

BUT it's simply not the same with polio or a few of the others diseases that practically don't exist anymore in the U.S. I'm not trying to be a trouble maker, just having another voice. I think the lesson you learned/saw/experienced is important for those who do not get ANY vaccines, but not necessarily for those who choose thoughtfully.

I *am* sooo grateful that GOD healed her. Such a gift and a blessing.

Know I love you and respect your views, truly.

Hugs to you all as you continue on the road of Princess' healing.

Be sure you are resting, friend. I know it's hard, but they all need you to stay healthy, too. :-)

much love,
GfG

Jill said...

I am so sorry about all of the sickness. You guys have all been in our prayers. Your baby girl is gorgeous ~ I think she looks just like you! Miss seeing you at church. Hope you all get to come back soon.

Jill