Monday, March 10, 2008

Sickos and stories

SICKOS
I am tired, can I just say I am exhausted. My dearest Hubby has been sick with this terrible cough for a month he finally went to the doctor last friday and he has bronchitis. Poor thing! He is now on medication and feeling much better.
My princess is sick, she got sick a week ago and went to the doctor last friday as well and she has brochilaitis (I have no idea what that is, but it sounds alot like bronchitis)and RSV (a respiratory virus of some sort). Of course most medications are out, but they gave us a nebuelizer with some albuteral treatments to help break all that mucous up. She has choked so many times (and when I say choke, I mean turning purple, slapping her back, choke.) it scares the life out of me. I started weeping last night holding her and trying to help her get her throat cleared because I just don't know what else I can do, I cannot stand to see my little princess so sick.
Now my boys are sick. They have had fevers on and off for 4 days. we are taking the oldest in today, as he seems to be the worst.
Oh yeah did I mention I have a little cold too. I didn't really notice I was sick until I sat down to relax one day and realized my throat was pretty soar and I had a terrible runny nose. Once everyone else is better I will be going to the doctor as well.
and..
STORIES

So my oldest son, he is a little sensitive. I enjoy it sometimes. I like to hold him and cuddle him and love on him. About a month ago he slid off his toy box and got a pretty good size scrape down the back of his leg, it bled a little and I'm sure it stung pretty good. Well, he went on and on for a week about that scrape, I mean the works, falling on the floor or into my arms about how dreadful his scrape was and he needed a band aide but didn't need band aide. He cried for hours after in initially happened, and then cried some more every time he *remembered* it was their. So I tell that story to help you with this one...
My middle child, the hard headed, stubborn, one...well he is also a big bruiser. My hubby was taking his clothes off for his bath last night to find a very large, slightly deeper cut on the inside of his leg, threw his pretty thick jeans. Of course the oldest was stunned by the sight of it and came to find me right away.

"Mommy Mommy you have to come see this, [enter name] has a VERY big cut on his leg, it's a bad one you have to come look at it."

So I proceeded and was shocked by how big it really was. Now I had just changed his diaper about an hour and a half earlier and their was nothing, his grandfather read stories to them for about 30 of the minutes after the diaper change and we had dinner in between the story and the bath. So it wasn't much time that he had to get himself into trouble. So being good parents we said

"oh baby what happened?"

"umm I prolly fall." (translation umm I probably fell.)

"where did you fall?"

"Umm I get a shot." (translation umm I got a shot.)
You may ask, well did he get a shot...no he did not. I have no idea where that came from , he does have a doctor kit, but the shot is not real and has a very round edge. We poked and prodded trying to get a decent answer out of him, and the oldest, being the 4 year old that he is, had some ideas of his own. But we will never know what happened to him, or why he didn't at least come ask for a kiss for his boo boo like he usually does. but he can take about anything.
That is just one of many stories about that bruiser, every time we take his clothes off we find another (still unsolved) bruise or cut or some other something. He is a tough kiddo.

Please pray for the health of the entire family...even the bruiser for which he also has had a fever, though I didn't know it until I kisses his head, because he never tells.

In Christ

2 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I'm sorry..I know it's "no walk in the park". I always pray for health because there's never time for me to be sick also. It's been said 75% of our attitudes keep us well.

The RSV is very nerve-racking..been there done that and it took like 2 weeks of treatments till it was over..hang in there and remember whose strength you can lean on.

A prayer for health restored in your home~ Dawn :0)

Grateful for Grace said...

Praying for quick healing. Please be sure to rest, friend. And RSV is pretty serious. I feel for you. Thankfully, we've never had to deal with it.
We love y'all!!