Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thoughts....



So I started thinking about having three children and what I have discovered now that I have three.



After number one I was so excited. I, of course, thought it was so much work, getting up in the middle of the night, feeding every few hours, entertaining. I enjoyed every minute of it and quickly became accustomed to having a baby and the work that must go into it.



After number two I was sure this was the most difficult thing ever. Now I had a toddler and an infant, both of whom required much of my time. But I still had two hands and I could hold them both when they were crying and I could hold one on one hip and cook dinner with the other hand. I still had plenty of time to take care of my needs (ie, playing on the computer and watching a little television). It was somewhat of a struggle to get out the door in a timely fasion, but I always managed to do it.




Now, after having number three for 9 weeks, I have realized that this is pretty difficult. I don't have enough hands for everyone. We NEVER make it out the door when we say we are going to. I rarely get the chores done let alone getting much time for myself. My hubby and I have to work quite a bit harder to spend time together (as we know this is so important). This is the first time my Hubby and I have been out numbered. I am starting so see why so many people stop having children at number 3. It is difficultm, we still have not gotten accustomed to it. I went out the other day with ALL three of them and realized that I cannot hold all of their hands. So little brother held my hand and big brother held little brothers hand and in my other hand was princess. It worked and I'm sure it gets easier to handle, but this is the longest it has taken to adjust to another child. The boys have been troopers as mommy tries to figure out how to make each new thing work.




I certainly want to have more children, we are so blessed to have such a sweet, wonderful family and who wouldn't want to add to that. My oldest is in the beginning stages of reading, he loves it and is getting better everyday. Mr. Hardheaded is finally decided to learn his colors (what an exhausting task that was) and Princess is smiling like crazy, it is the best feeling in the world to walk in on a baby that has woken up from bed and as soon as she see's your face she smiles the biggest grin you ever saw. (although she still hasn't let me capture it on camera yet, of course).



Thanks be to God for growing kids and growing families and HIS wonderful help in this transition from two children to three. We feel so thankful for all that we have.


In Christ

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

You are such a good mom!! I love watching you.
Honestly, 3 was the hardest. Truly. From 4 on was easier than 3 and I had helpers around.

When there are just 3 with your age spread, they are still so dependant on you: getting dressed, brushing teeth, shoes on, car seat issues, etc. BUT once the first born becomes 5-6, man! It's like having a personal assistant at times. Not all the time, of course, but it's not like it was when there were 3. I'm just saying it to encourage you. You are doing a FAB job!! They are so loved, so happy, and so blessed!

Oh, and a baby carrier for Princess may help quite a bit for store trips- then you still have 2 hands free.

hugs to you fab 5~

Thank you for praying for us!

Jill said...

You are doing a great job ~ I wish I had your skills. Keep having those babies ~ they are beautiful:) Just try to make at least a little time for yourself and hubby.

btw ~ little girls take up so much time and energy when trying to get out the door. I only have 1 and I'm surprised we get anywhere on time:)