Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Turns Out...

So I wrote last at a time when I was very fearful for the health of my little girl.
After her doctor appointment she seemed to not be getting any better, and really seemed to be getting worse. My oldest son was also starting to run a bit of a fever, I started looking stuff up on the internet and remembered that my hubby did not have a pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine because he is allergic to the vaccine, her symptoms were very similar to that of pertussis. So I decided to go see my mother in law (a NP pediatrician). On my way I had to pull over (fast and abrupt, sorry to those of you who may have been behind me) as she started to choke twice on the way to her house. We got there, she listened and watched her a few minutes and said she needs to go into the hospital. I was so fearful of driving her at that point that we both decided to call an ambulance just in case she had any episodes where she could not breathe. Also my mother-in-law could then watch the boys and not worry about lugging them to the hospital.
They did the RSV test (it had not been done at the doctors because she looked identical as far as the symptoms go to having RSV). The test came back negative! I than told the doctor that my hubby is allergic to the whooping cough vaccine and has had a cough for about a month (he really has had a cough for quite awhile, better now than in the beginning, he must have pertussis not bronchitis). Well it was postitive and we were admitted for 9 days!
What a reticulated week, and very scary, she is still very sick, but getting better. I will write more later, but please pray that she continues to heal quickly.

2 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

I will continue to pray and I am glad she is home now.

Grateful for Grace said...

Still praying, but glad she is home too. Wish I could bring you a meal. Ü
Give everyone hugs.
We love y'all!