Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gardening



I love summer time, not so much the extreme heat it brings here to Georgia, but the delicious food we will have.

We started our garden about a month back. We decided to use our side yard this year that gets the most sun and make raise beds to plant in. Adam bought the wood and put the beds together himself. Then he and the kids wheelbarrowed the dirt from our driveway, at the site of "Dirt Mountain" to the backyard and loaded the dirt into the beds. They had a great time together, and we are pretty proud of the way it turned out.




Then we started planting. Adam, being an Earth science teacher, had the kids plant some tomatoes in the classroom and watch them grow, then he brought some home to plant in the garden. It's been a lot of fun and the kids are learning alot about growing their own food.



I will try to post some pictures of our progress as our garden grows.

1 comment:

Blessed Momma said...

I love the picture of the kids and Adam. You guys did a good job! I can't wait to see pics of all the yummy stuff you will get from your garden!