It started something in Addison that was amazing. He is a very clean young man, he likes clean feet, clean teeth, clean bedroom. He is organized and has good hygiene, he always has been that way. He said, "well I always wondered if everyone had toothpaste and toothbrushes and thought about people not being able to clean their teeth."
At that moment we started a plan for him to answer the calling. James was just as excited about the idea as Addison was, but he has a calling of his own, that we will fulfill soon and I will write about it.
When all this happened no tornado's had devastated the south, people weren't in a panic and scared for their families from a natural disaster. So we had originally made a plan to donate toothbrushes and toothpaste to a homeless shelter in Atlanta.
The plan was made, I told he and James could sell lemonade at my garage sale and I would do my best to let friends and family know so they can come support you.
They worked so hard the week leading up to the garage sale. They made this big sign, we went and picked out lemonade at the store (which Adam and I decided to donate to the cause). They were already feeling proud and they hadn't even made a single penny yet. They knew that God was going to bring the people to support this mission they set out to do in God's name. We read scripture about when we help people we help God. Matthew 25:31-46.
Because of the changes in circumstance, the boys decided to help tornado victims who lost everything. Tornado victims who had no home and were living in churches and shelters with nothing left. Adam's work was doing a drive just for this cause and lo and behold(we don't believe in coincidences), The Lord put toothpaste and toothbrushes on the list of things these people needed. I helped them clip coupons and find a day when things were on sale. They were able to buy 20 tubes of toothpaste and 27 toothbrushes with the money they raised.
I am so very proud of them, but even more so I am so grateful for the work God has done in their hearts. I pray they never stop giving and they always think of others before themselves. What a blessing it is to see His work through my children.
2 comments:
I love to see Children finding ways to help others. I love that you guys talked about God calling people to do work for Him. I haven't put it quite into those words for the girls yet so I think tonight during bible and prayer time we will talk about it more in depth. Isabelle has such a kind, serving spirit and we want to do everything we can to help her grow in that way. I love this post and your boys are so sweet. I am also surprised at how much you were able to buy, amazing!! I know they made God smile and all I know they made all those people smile that those items went to.
WONDERFUL!! WONDERFUL!! WONDERFUL!
Of them. Of you. Of how it all worked out.
I just love this story.
Post a Comment