School is almost over for the year for us. We stayed on schedule this year for the first time ever, only getting about a week behind where I wanted to be.
2 weeks left in this years school year.
I will officially have a 2nd grader, a 1st grader and a preschooler. Along with of course a toddler and an infant. It will be another new dynamic to get used to during another new year of homeschooling.
This year has been so much fun. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be able to stay home with my children everyday and teach them, watch them learn and grow and to laugh all day long with them. They are fantastic kids who make me smile everyday.
I'm not saying it's all easy. Sure we have our frustrations with eachother. We have days where I feel like I'm repeating "PLEASE get your schoolwork DONE!" every minute of the morning. It's not all easy and perfect and it's not all always fun. But the good always outweighs the not so good. And the benefits of keeping my kids home will ALWAYS be worth the few struggles we have in a a school year.
Addison:
My 1st grader. Although he is doing almost all 2nd grade work, we want him to be humble about his abilities, so we make sure he knows that he IS a 1st grader. He can read chapter books like a champ, he's always got his nose in a good book. Thankfully we have plenty for him to read, but one of these days we are going to run out of books for him to read. I don't know what will happen then. Although he doesn't mind reading the same book over and over again. He's doing multiplication in math, totally blows me away! Science is his all time favorite subject, which is something we are going to be doing better about in the future, I have found a new science curriculum that we will start in 2 years that I think will be much better suited for my 2 scientists. He has a heart for Jesus and gift of love that he brings to all people. He is such a good kid.
James:
Oh that boy makes me smile. He's in kindergarten right now and he has learned to read this year, which makes him SO proud. He has learned simple math skills, which again makes him so proud. You see his little eyes light up and his little dimples start to show when he learns something new or he figures something out on his own. He LOVES science just like his Daddy and just like his brother. He wants to be an astronaut when he grows up and can't wait to walk on the moon. He is a jokster and a fun loving kid who has a patience about him like none other I know. He is such a great kid,
Isabelle and Philip toddled around the house, played with each other, colored and laughed during school each day this year. It was a nice bonding time for them to have together while the 2 big boys were not there to interrupt or take over. Philip has little patience for Isabelle and Isabelle is learning that very quickly. They are both strong willed and outspoken so it will be an interesting relationship as the grow and learn how to interact with each other.
Knowing that each one of them was knitted together perfectly for this family makes me feel at ease about their relationships, each one of them was made just perfectly for the others. ALL of them, even this new addition, I pray, will be the best of friends for the rest of their time on this earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment