Friday, February 29, 2008

Conversations with a 4 year old

I know I am posting 2 blogs today, but I had a request and I thought this was cute..

the scene...I am sitting at the table getting ready to pay those dreaded *bills*

4 year old--"Mommy what are you doing?"

Me--"Paying bills" (sigh)

4 year old-- "What are bills?"

Me-- "Well, we have to give people money so that we can keep our house and our car and have lights and water and so that people will take our garbage."

4 year old-- "Why do we have to give them money?"

Me-- "well, because everything costs money"

4 year old---" How do you give them money?"

Me--"Daddy goes to work everyday so that he can make money and bring it home to our family and then we have to give that money to the bank and to other company's so that we can live in a house with wate and lights."

4 year old--"Do they take that money home to their families?"

Me---"Yes they get paid money too so that they can bring money home."

4 year old--- "when are people going to give me money that I can take home?"

Haha, what a great kid! He just thinks at 4 he can conquer the world! I told him that no one will give him any money until her can work for it.

Thank You God for 4 year olds, he has been such a blessing and a source of laughter and joy to our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only we could always "be a child"..however isn't it great that Matthew 18:3 says:
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Live/Laugh/Love~ Dawn :0)