Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh Life Can be Interesting!

First of all I have a 2 year old and an infant...what a challenge that can be on it's own, plus a 4 year old who can conquer the whole world in 24 hours.

My life over the last week has been one thing after another...

Oh the hassles of having vehicles. We have a pickup(which we will be selling soon), and a Suburban and an Old (capitalized on purpose) Mercedes.

On the same day the pickups battery died and the suburbans starter got messed up. We got the pickup jumped, and now that is running. So then something got messed up on the car yesterday. Now we have 1 working vehicle and it is the one we plan on selling..ha! Lord give us vehicle mercies!


Also

Potty training...what an exhausting task!

I have an ornery, hard headed, strong willed, adventurous and adorable two year old boy, who desperately wants to be a Big Boy like his brother. So of course being the *smart* parents that we are, we told him that being a Big Boy means going potty on the toilet...ha ha, did I also mention that he is smart....he decided he did not want to be a Big Boy anymore, he wanted to be a little boy. For sometime his excuse for everything he did that got him into trouble or that was not alright he said it was because "I'm little." Oh what I task I have! I take him potty, he does a little pee pee sometimes and then as soon as we get him dressed he proceeds to do a #2 in his diaper. I'm sure that those of you with children know how different kids can be. well mine are polar opposites except for the one commonality that is that they both want to WIN!

I love my children, their are certainly times when I wonder where in the world they came from and if they really are mine...and then I remember the stories of when My hubby and I were children. They are definitely OUR children!






Thanks be to God that the boys are still doing wonderful with our little Princess. I thought maybe after some time of having her in the house that they would decide that was enough of having a new baby in the house. Not So! They adore her every second and can't wait until she can do more with them (although when she can do all those things they will probably wish sometimes she would be little again.) Little Princess follows her Big Brothers voices around the room and studies their face whenever she gets the chance.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog thru "Gratefuls" ..I am also a mother of like yourself of 2boys and 1 girl and it's sounds like you are experiencing what I just finished..believe it or not it only gets easier!
Thanks be to God!
Enjoyed reading you post and I'm adding you to my blog..to keep up w/progress!
~Dawn :0)

Anonymous said...

here's my blog site name..
http://pshelovesyou.blogspot.com/

See ya'round :0)

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through Grateful and wondered if you could do a post on your "schedules" - is it baby wise?

cajungal01 said...

Hello Hello! I certainly feel your pain with the potty training..oh goodness that is NO FUN at all. Two is still young though so don't worry. :0) I am glad the boys are still lovin' on Princess. I love seeing the photos too!
Tell everyone Hi for me!
:0)
~robin