Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Weight is on....

My baby girl will be one month old tomorrow...oh my goodness! I can't believe how time flies. I feel like I just got out of the hospital yesterday.

The whole story...

My princess was 7 pounds 4 ounces at birth, she lost alot more weight than what was considered "normal" in the next 24 hours after birth, putting her at 6 pounds 6 ounces, almost an entire pound. She then lost another pound the following day. So the doctors (not me because I knew she was eatting plenty and that she would eventually catch right back up) were very concerned with her progress, or lack their of (again..I had faith that what I was doing was the right thing). They wanted me to supplement her with formula in addition to my breast milk (which i did...sort of) she hated the formula...who can blame her when she has great momma's milk to satisfy her...and she spit it up most of the time. So when we got out of the hospital (FINALLY) I stopped the supplement. We went to the doctor the day after we got out of the hospital and she had gained a pound and was back up to 6 pounds 6 ounces. The doctor still wanted me to supplement if I could and if she would take it, but wasn't terribly concerned because all her stool and urine signs were right on target. The next visit was at 2 weeks old and she had gained 8 ounces in 8 days (she was 6 pounds 14 ounces), she was catching back up(like I predicted)!!

TODAY...we went to the doctor for her 1 month check-up and, if you could believe it, she was 9 pounds 2 ounces. what a cute little chunker she is gonna be. The doctor couldn't believe it.


By the way she is an absolute angel, she is sleeping fabulously (thanks to our amazing scheduling and her prepared mother). Last night she slept 6 and half hours all on her own. I am just in awe of how well scheduling works when it is done correctly and what great kiddos we have.


Thanks you Lord for beautiful children and wonderful sleepers!

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Yea! Yea! Yea!
Two reasons for cheering:
She's gained plenty of weight!
AND
You are getting to nurse, still!
I'm so happy for you!

Oh, and the scheduling thing, such a gift. 6 hours! Wow! Super! Mine have never done that that early.

hugs to you all,

cajungal01 said...

FABULOUS-O!
You have a beautiful family! I can't believe how much EVERYONE has grown!
YEA God, Yea You!
:0)
~robin