Monday, September 22, 2008

The pride that comes with being a Homeschool mom

James has been my "stubborn" child as far as teaching goes. He isn't really motivated to learn things that don't help him knock things down, climb on things, run into things, jump off of things or smash bugs. So my goal this year has been to teach him the alphabet, every letter by the end of the year. It's not been easy.

Last night the boys were "playing" dominoes with Adam. By playing it means they make houses and long domino lines to knock down. James was making his own line. When he was finished he called out, "Look, Look at my line. I made a C." I was so proud that he recognized it. It was great moment for me when I realized that he can be taught. Maybe not quickly and definitely not without a struggle, but he can learn....from me.

I was a proud homeschool mom. I gave me confidence in my techniques. I woke up this morning more ready to teach than any other day this over the past 6 weeks of school. I love it.

Praises go only to the Lord for helping me get through this and showing me that I can be a homeschool mom with success.

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Yea! Yea! Yea!!!!! How loving of God to give you such sweet encouragement. Enjoy your day.

You're right. I'll do a post about the house this week.

love,
GfG

Blessed Momma said...

That is great. Glad to hear he is doing so well with you teaching him! I know I love when Isabelle learns new things especially from me.