Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I've been away



I have been away awhile. Lofe got a little crazy and my priorities needed to be in order. But now that things have settled down (6 months later). I decided to try to commit to blogging weekly this year.

To start with. I started knitting and I am really enjoying it. So I thought I would start by sharing a couple of the things I have made so far.
Addison scarf is a simply soft yarn he picked out with different hues of blue, I used a basic knit stitch and messed up a whole lot.

Philip's scarf was really just a practice scarf. I wanted to practice addin colors together and to try purling before I started making gifts for people. The white color is knit and the black is purled. I messed up a good bit on this one too, but not nearly as much as I did on my first scarf.

Isabelle's scarf is made with pom-pom yarn. I really bought it because it looked fun and was on sale after Christmas. once I was able to cast on (which took quite a lot of tries) it was VERY easy to do and one of the softest, warmest scarves as of yet. Isabelle seems to really be enjoying her scarf...AND although I messed up a few times, the pom poms hide all my mistakes. ;)

My latest project is for James. He picked out this shimmery blue yarn and I am trying to follow a pattern I found on yarn harlot. It is a knit 2, knit 1 with needle behind, purl one and repeat. As you can see toward the bottom, or beginning, of my project I did mess up the pattern a bit. I decided this was the last time I was going to let my messups go, from here on out I vow to learn how to fix them. We. shall. see!

I also purchased yarn to make Daniels scarf, I plan to try a different one row pattern with his, just for more practice, before I move on to some harder things. 

No comments: