I started out with buying a farmers market basket a couple days ago. If this basket seems to be worth it and we get more produce for less money I may double it and buy 2. We will see how it goes.
As far as grocery shopping went. We bought most of our fresh produce from Aldi, they have the best prices, the down side of Aldi, is their fresh produce doesn't always last as long as some other places...but it is very affordable. I bought almost everything else at Kroger. I used to be HUGE on coupons, but this new diet doesn't have alot of usable coupons with it. Maybe I can find some websites that offer more organic coupons, or start calling companies of products I love to see if they can send me some.
I still had my coffee still, but I am searching for alternative sweeteners that I enjoy. I had sugar and almond milk in it this morning.
I already had plain oatmeal at home this morning before our shopping, so I made that for the kids. I made it with honey and a little bit of brown sugar (although I told the kids today was the last day for brown sugar).
After our 3 hour shopping trip...we came home and I made smoothies first thing with plain natural yogurt, strawberries and bananas that the kids drank while I put groceries away and made lunch.
| (sorry about the smudges on the first few pictures, I didn't realize a little 1 year old had gotten a hold of the camera until AFTER I put groceries away) all whole foods! ALL of it! |
| Strawberries and eggs |
| the produce in my fridge (lots of greens, plums, peaches, blueberries, cucumbers, carrots and more I'm sure) |
| the produce not in the fridge (potatoes, bananas, apples, pears, oranges) |
I enjoyed a taco, cucumbers and strawberries as well.
I made granola for tomorrow. and tried some. YUM! I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow.
Then I had my follow-up Primary Care Doctor Appointment. They found several things new. Low Blood Pressure, high pulse, blood in my urine(possible uti or kidney infection, but I have struggled with this for years), borderline low iron (this I have have struggled with for years), ketone levels were high (which tells the doctor my calorie intake is low, I have been eating more then usual the last couple days, so I thought that was strange), she wants me to now see a urologist to make sure all is well in that department, I should know more about my thyroid issues and infection issues in a week or so.
Rushed home after a very long appointment and threw brown rice in a pot, started the grill to cook some nicely seasoned pork chops and turned the oven on to roast some asparagus for dinner.
It was a good first day, I actually really enjoyed the food alot and am excited to start day #2.
No comments:
Post a Comment