So far, we have gone through an entire year of school and another 8 weeks of our second year of school. My thoughts on it so far have been GREAT.
1. God has blessed me with an extra bit of patience I didn't realize I had. I knew he would, but it has been above and beyond anything I could ever have imagined.
2. The boys are thriving in this environment. Not only are they learning a sense of self pride when the accomplish something they did not think they could. I KNOW they are gaining a foundation for Christ, a foundation to be able to stand up for their faith and for their GOD. I know they are learning to love their neighbor as thereselves and treat everyone with a compassion adn kindness that Jesus had.
3. Because of the HUGE differences in my children's learning styles and their abilities I have been able to adapt their curriculum to each of them. I have been able to allow my 4 year old, who just wants to be nothing but a boy, to move around, stand up, get water and be himself during our schooling. I feel blessed to know that he will learn so much better because he is able to move around while he learns and not be forced to sit in a seat and watch a teacher who he may or may not be hearing. It makes me feel good to know that I have been able to slow down in the "academics" and get more involved in the hands on, fun stuff that doesn't seem like school anyhow for him. I am able to allow my 5 year old to move ahead in several areas, because he can, he wants to and it works for him. He is certainly above average in many areas that I'm afraid he would have been pushed behind in if he didn't have the option to push ahead when he needed to.
4. They are different, and therefore learn differently and at different paces. I know that schools go at one pace, they go at "average pace" I have one above average and one just slightly below (for now...he is a smart, happy, fun boy, who needs more time to be a kid) and if they were put in a situation where they had to go at average pace, one would fall further behind and the other would possibly get bored and end up not learning anything.
5. I have learned that "homeschool" is more then schooling at home. Homeschool is getting the oppurtunity to train up your child in the way he should go so he will not part from it when he gets older. I have learned that it is about a bonding that you just can't get when your child is away 8 hour or more a day with someone else. It's about a family unit, bonding, and strongness that you can't get when you are seperated so much of the time. It's about being the sole influence in your child's life so that they can learn to be MEN and WOMEN who love and seek Christ alone.
6. Jesus is the reason we chose this path, it says in the Bible that children become their teachers. Although I am not a perfect person and neither is my husband, I feel like we can do the best job teaching them to be people that have a BIBLICAL worldview and live to LOVE their God, because their teachers LOVE God and because God CHOSE us to be their teachers. the perfect teacher is the teacher that God chooses for you, and I know that God Chose Adam and I to be their teachers.
7. I know the Lord took us down this path to learn great things about ourselves, our children and Him, and I know this is just the tip of the iceburg on our journey through schooling. I cannot wait to see what else he has for me. I was born to be a mother, a teacher of Christ, and a lover of my family. This is the only job I feel that God has sent me to do at this time and I just hope that I have done all that He has asked of me thus far and continues to guide me on my path.
1 comment:
This just blesses me so much to read, dear one! You are such a godly example. Yea, God in your life!
Post a Comment