Monday, September 28, 2009

Update on THE FLOOD

Praises only be to God that the rain stopped Saturday evening before too much more damage had been done. The forecast from the weather man is sunny skies for the next week or so. Plenty of time to dry things up. Although I have learned that the weather man's got nothin' on God...so I'll rely solely on Him for my weather forecast. He has shown me over and over again that the news just doesn't get it, the only thing I can put my complete faith in is Him.
He saved us from another disaster this week. The County School System we live in has opened back up.
Some great and not so great things I learned during this time are this...

1. God is my weather Man!!!


2. Parents seem to think that their children are a burden. I cannot tell you how many times I heard the words "I am going crazy with the kids out of school." " This is worse then summer." "I'm ready for school to be back in session." I heard this from stay-at-home moms that should have been excited to have their kids for an extra week in the year. I heard it said to me, to others and written on facebook more times then I can count. I understand how much the government has corrupted parents into thinking that their children need to be away from them 8+ hours a day, 180+ days a year. I know that is what the government wants us to think, what the "world" wants us to think. But I don't personally have those feelings, I don't personally understand it for me, I would have been so excited to get an unscheduled week with my kids. I would have been sad to hear that they would need to make those days up sometime throughout the year just to meet "requirements." It reminded me how much more I love that I am able to homeschool my children, only by the grace of God.

3. The life we lead here on earth will come to an end, this unpredictable life that brings devastation and turmoil to many, this Satan-filled life that we live....it will all be gone. I will lead an eternal life of happiness and compassion and sunshine in Heaven with Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour.

I praise God that he teaches me lessons through life's journey. I praise Him for these little lessons each and every time He has me to walk through them.

Lord, thank you for your subtle lessons, thank you for giving me ears to hear them and a mind to understand them. Thank you for teaching me Your Truth through everything I go through. Thank you for being My weather man and My Father. In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Amen to all of that.

Truly, it breaks my heart to hear women complain about having their children home. They don't see how twisted that is. Sigh. I'm so glad you get it.

hugs,
M