Friday, September 25, 2009

What I'm listening to...

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/its-all-about-jesus/its-all-about-jesus-humility

This is pastor Mark at Mars Hill Church in Seattle Washington. I can't wait until I visit my family again in Oregon so Adam and I can go visit this church. I love his sermons and try to listen to 1 a day.

It AMAZES me to think of the humility of Jesus, and it makes me want to pursue humility even more. It makes me want to set aside pride at all times. it makes me want to Praise Jesus more and more and more. It brings me closer to Jesus as a man/God who gave up SO MUCH MORE then I could ever give up. He gave up his reign as God, to come down to earth and be a servant, a servant to all, a servant to none other than Judas Iscariot who Jesus knew was going to betray him and set him up for death on the cross...He washed that man's feet like a servant, because he loves us, more then we can ever even imagine. That is the God I have a relationship with, and that I don't' deserve as my Saviour for even one second.

If Jesus can humbly forgive anyone for anything and everything. Then we should not only be able to do the same thing with our brothers, but we should be able to humbly aplogize to Jesus for everything that we have done and be able to humbly admit that we are equally as sinful as our neighbor, as our friends, as everyone else on this earth.

Jesus, you are the way the truth and the light and it's because of your humilty that we are saved. I thank you for this humility that you have displayed your entire life here on earth and that you continue to teach me about everyday through The Word. What a blessing to have a God that humbled himself enough to become a mere man on this earth, just so that you can save us from our sins.

No comments: