Sunday, September 27, 2009

Words in Red- Mark

For more go to Grateful for Grace's blog.

This week we read Mark. It was a shorter book, as the gospels go, repeats alot of the same stories from Jesus' life.

Some things that stood out to me.

1. How cool it would have been to live when Jesus lived, and see the miracles he did and listen to his parables.

2. I ABSOLUTELY cannot wait to meet Jesus.

3. Jesus often goes to be along to pray, seems to be early in the morning (probably the only time he could be alone)

4. The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath Mark 2:25-28
God didn't make the Sabbath for lots of rules, but for rest and a chance to think about him alone.

5."If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear." ---I was surprised by the number of times Jesus says this. Must be an important message he is trying to get across.

6. It puzzles me still as to why Jesus would only speak in parables to the crowds that came to listen, but would tell his disciples what it meant. (and glad we get to read that part too)


I hope you all were able to read Mark this week and that you enjoyed it. Please let me know what stood out to you this week.
Enjoy Luke this coming week.

Megan

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I too was surprised at the number of times He said, "He who has ears, listen" as well as the number of times he said, "I tell you this truly".

Great points, Megan!