I had a dr. appointment this week, my iron is EXTREMLY low, please pray that my body will begin to absorb iron better. I have cut out dairy (calcium counteracts the iron absorbtion apparently) and am trying to take my irson supplements with OJ (which apparently helps the body absorb iron). I also am on a new supplement of iron and have had lots of "natural" suggestions for helping such as (well the obvious, iron rich foods, which are kinda gross)cloraphyll, Alfalfa and Yellow Dock supplements. So I am going to look into thoseoptions as well.
I've been anemic since I was a teenager, it seems to be doubly worse when I'm pregnant, really it's been my only "problem" during most of my pregnancies so I am thankful for that. But iron helps develop the babies brain, it also helps with memory, which as most of you may know the pregnancy brain when at it's full iron dose, has a hard time remembering things, so my memory is almost non existant. The doctors are most concerned right now that, if (BIG IF), I happen to need a c-section it could have some bad affects during surgery and with my recovery after.
3 comments:
I am excited to see Philip! I hope he hangs in until next weekend but I doubt it. I hope your family starts feeling well soon. I haven't seen my husband hold a baby boy yet so I am very excited to see him meet his son and see his face the first time he holds his HEALTHY baby boy! :) You take care of yourself and don't get sick!
You look beautiful! I'll be praying for increase iron uptake.
You look great! Hang in there!
Post a Comment