Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!
I hope today reminds you of the Love of God, the Love of Christ and the Eternity that one precious baby brought to us all if we seek it.
I love this holiday. There are 2 holidays I love to celebrate more then any other, and Christmas, the birth of My Savior, is one of them.
Mary, a teenager virgin expected to be wed to her love, Joseph, very soon delivers a baby in a stable in a town far from her home with only animals and her Joseph as a witness. to the miracle that saved Her Life and My life and Your Life (I pray).
I remember being pregnant with my very first baby, I remember the fear that came along with it as a 19 year old girl. I just can't imagine, in that day, being pregnant and telling people that it is God's child in your womb. Think of the names teenagers mothers get called today. Think of the names her teenager friends must have called her. Think of her pleasure to do it, knowing the ridicule, knowing the possiblities of losing the love of your life, knowing that her family may no longer except you into their home. "May it be as you have said" she says, probably with a smile on her face. I cannot imagine being a 15 or 16 year old girl, loving God so much that you don't question a miraculous conception into your womb. I cannot imagine being that much in love with Jesus as a teenager trying to find yourself, she probably didn't even know how to read, yet this is the song she sang after the Angel visited her to tell her she would deliver the Son of God, the Great I Am, the Redeemer, The Holy One...whatever you call him, this sweet young girl from Galilee, a tiny little nothing town.

And Mary said:
"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
to Abraham and his descendants forever,
even as he said to our fathers."

Man, I hope I can raise my precious little girl to Love God at the age of 16 at least as half as much as Mary loved God. What a sweet young virgin she was. What a gorgeous follower of God she was. What a precious mother to the Holy One she ended up being.




MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS!
Please remember that this time of year is about the birth of God's only son, who was born to become our Savior.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Beautiful, beautiful post, Megan! Our God is awesome. Mary's faith is such an example.

love ya!