Friday, May 16, 2008

Can't I just hold on a little longer...


So my baby girl is going to be 4 months old in less than a week. 4 MONTHS OLD...yikes. I just cannot even believe how fast my sweet little things grow up. Isabelle is about to start reaching for things now, I know what happens after the reaching....the next "day" they sit on their own and then a "week" after that they crawl and about 3 "days" later they are walking all over the house getting into loads of trouble and before you can say "no, please don't grow up" they are 4 and reading and writing and bossing everyone around. I know how this goes! I am so not ready for her to grow up, I wish that this sweet little infant phase could last a couple years, so I could hold on to this moment a little longer.





Each phase is so wonderful in it's own unique way (yes I do mean the "terrible" two's as well ) I wish each phase lasted a bit longer (ok not the "terrible" two's though). Each moment is so cherished. Out of all the "stages" we have been through so far this sweet little innocent infant stage is by far my favorite. The big eyes as they see things for the first time, the smile when they see someone they recognize and love, the coos, the snuggles, the quiet cries for attention. It's all so innocent. I'm afraid to blink, I'm afraid to look away, they may graduate college if I turn my head for too long. So I don't...I don't blink, I don't turn my head.


I feel like Addison has grown up faster this year than any other year previous, I think maybe because he was out of my eyesight 2 days a week at school allowing someone else to watch him grow up. Maybe 4 goes by faster than the other years. I just want to hold on too them as long as I can before they have to grow up and be functioning adults in this great big world.





Oh the things a Mother must think about, not only do I cook, clean, wash, dry, fold, put away, wipe, swipe, swirl, sweep, mop, vacuum, bandage, brush, kiss, hug, tuck, love, discipline, play, teach, learn, chauffeur, cheer, encourage, and laugh but I can't even blink while doing it all or it may just slip right out from under me. Oh the joys! really, I don't think I could blink even if I wanted to.





I am So Blessed!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

4 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

I know how you feel! I want to cry sometimes thinking about how big my girls are already. It seems just like yesterday I brought Isabelle home and she is three and now we have Olivia, 6 months. Its crazy. I love every minute though and can't wait for more!

theevansfamily said...

You totally summed up all of my feelings over the past few weeks. Thank you.

Grateful for Grace said...

Beautifully written post, Megan! Just beautiful. And oh, so true!!
It makes me cry.
I hate them growing up, yet I love watching their faces as they accomplish something new. It's a Catch 22.

hugs to you and your loving family,
GfG

Anonymous said...

Great post and pictures. I can so relate to the growing up too fast thing.