Oh my boys, what can I say about them. They have this incredible way of showing me who I am. Sometimes they are *SO* My children...defiant, strong-willed, bossy, whiny, nosy....must I really go on! Other times they are *SO* my hubby's children...funny, playful, hungry. It is amazing the qualities that they pick up in each of us.
James is most like his Daddy, with some qualities here and their that resemble me. He is usually eating, he'll try anything even when he tried it a second before and disliked it, he'll try it again just to be sure, he is HILARIOUS, always playing jokes and being silly. Although he does not try to "steal" the attention like my other son Addison, he usually gets it.
The other evening Adam was BBQing, one of his favorite pastimes that I enjoy the benefits of..mmmmm!!! He looked a little something like this....
He had to run out to the store for something, and when he left I saw my sweet little James walking around the house looking like this...
Now what you cannot see is the plastic in his mouth, I don't know where he found it or even what it is because it has been so chewed, but yes, he did indeed have plastic in his mouth trying to be just a bit more like Daddy.
It reminds me of a country song I love by Rodney Adkins, sometimes Daddy's are the closest thing to Jesus that our kids can see. So we must always be on our best behavior with our little parrots. I think trying to be the cook Daddy is the a fine thing I can't wait to see more of what he will do. He has a shirt that says "monkey see, monkey do, monkey get in trouble too" It is so true!!!
Much love and God Bless
2 comments:
Great Post!
BOyz are fun!
Thats funny that you put that post up because just today I was thinking about how much Isabelle is picking up on things that Adam and I both do. She is definitely more Adam then me but I see a lot of me in her too. Its so wonderful to watch. I can't wait to see how Olivia is. But I think she is going to be a mommy's girl and maybe a little quieter than Isabelle but Isabelle is going to be my outgoing little girl! I love watching my children grow and seeing the things they pick up on!
Post a Comment